Thursday, January 17, 2019

The Wandering Widow- Day 19

I am writing this post from a vintage trailer parked in the snow in Taos, NM.



It seems like old times- except Ralph isn't here- or is he? (My trailer is named Esmerelda. The trailer next-door is named 'Ralphie.' It was booked.)




How did this darling little trailer "hotel" pop up on my radar? Who knows, but I like to think he had something to do with it.

I left Colorado this morning after 16 great days of reflection, relaxation and a bad attitude for altitude.

The drive was incredible, up and over the mountains and over the prairie. I talked to him the whole way. ( Don't judge.)

I started a fire in the snow but the wood was wet, so I'm inside now, drinking wine and listening to music on our Bose. (" Never let the Bose out of your sight," he once said. "It's the best thing we own.") 

It might snow tonight, but I have a down comforter, a heavy-duty heater, and my hot water bottle.



But I don't have him.

#4monthsgone 

No comments:

Post a Comment