Thursday, January 3, 2019

The Wandering Widow- Day 5

Tonight I laughed and cried with two women who are dealing with their own grief and it felt so good.

I am spending the next few weeks near Breckenridge, Colorado with an old friend of ours - who was also Ralph's very first girlfriend.

Sharon lost her husband in October. She also lost her friend Ralph.



 Our other friend Deb who lives in Loveland, Colorado, drove up to spend a few days with us. She lost her older sister in October and also lost her friend Ralph.



We sat in the kitchen laughing and crying while sharing stories. I cooked carnitas and the wine flowed. (I only had a few glasses, kids, since I am still recovering from the croup.) 

We all bonded over a loss and looking over the past four months, I am noticing that many of my friendships have changed as I travel on this grief journey. 

 Not everyone understands that I may never be the same friend I was before the loss. It has changed me and some people will roll with those changes and others will not.

Tonight though, I was with women who understand and didn't judge. (They drank more wine than me- I guess I still judge.) 

 
 When the fog lifts I will always remember the friends (and family) that were there for me, the friends that were not there for me and the friends that continue to walk this journey with me.

 I hope to count you among the latter.

No comments:

Post a Comment