Friday, January 4, 2019

The Wandering Widow-Day 6

I just realized that I am relaxed.

That doesn't happen very often, especially over the past four months, but there ya go.

I walked around this cute little town this afternoon, bought a big sexy suspense novel and set outside on the deck to read a few pages.



Then I went downstairs to my suite (it even has a suana-what can I say?) and read some more.


 
Four hours later I finished the book. I didn't know if I could ever do that again.


I am a crazy speed reader. It's a talent, but not something I could make money on like tap dancing or archery. 

Anyway, I haven't been able to finish a book in well, you know how long. 
Not the multiple grief books I've ordered, not the bios and not even my beloved New Yorker magazine.

But today I did. 

I'm sure for every two steps I take forward, I will fall one behind, but that's fine. I know the road I'm heading is going to be filled with bumps and wrong turns, but it's the little things that make me happy. 

And I desperately want to be happy again because for almost 40 years- bumps, wrong-turns and all- I was happy.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment