Sunday, January 6, 2019

The Wandering Widow- Day 8

To Charger or not to Charger, that is the question:



What would Ralph do?

He loved football so much he carried a football in all of our vehicles at all times.

"Why is there a football in my car?" I asked him once.

"You never know when a football game might break out," he said.

 Me. "Huh."


Ralph and his family loved football and he was kind of a big deal in high school- THE John Madden, while visiting his high school, told the team they should all be more like RR- well rounded. (Meaning he was not just the captain of the team, but he was president of the chior. Don't be jealous.)

Although I still can't tell you what position he played. Running...something?

Can you guess I am not a big football fan?



I was once upon a time:

 I worked the concession stand at Charger camp in 1980 and we had season tickets for years. I loved the Chargers for a time, until that Freezer Bowl in 1981.

The damn game made me cry.

Before he died he confirmed that we were no longer Charger fans because of Spanos and family, but would he watch the playoff game or go out and body surf or ride his bike to the pier and back?





 

 Oh, DAMN, they won!

Well,I know one thing for sure: he would NEVER cheer for Tom Brady.

Chargers it is.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment