Friday, January 25, 2019

The Wandering Widow- Day 26



Just the facts, ma'am.

Did you know… 800,000 people are widowed each year?

Did you know… 700,000 of those are women?

Did you know… The average age of widowhood is 55, and 75 percent of women will be widowed by age 56? 

I guess I am getting back into reporter mode with these statistics, but also because on Thursday I spent time with three lovely women- who all happen to be widows.

This is Joy, and her name suits her, and somehow she has remained as joyful and she could be after the death of her husband.




This gal I have known since she was three-years-old and we will always remain friends. (Even when politics get in the way.)




We met this lovely woman in Chelan, WA and Ralph helped her go through her husband's personal belongings when it was too difficult for her to do by herself. She has been an advisor to me since September.


Yet, it's not been an easy road for any of them.
 
 
Did you know… most widows lose 75% of their support base when their spouse dies?

 Did you know… after 3 – 4 months most of the remaining support fades for a widow?

These are the cold, hard facts. It's hard to even think this could happen to you, but if it does, know you will survive.

These women did. I did.

We are warriors. Do not f**k with us.







1 comment:

  1. I lost most of my support base when I divorced my ex...

    ReplyDelete