Monday, August 1, 2016

30 Days of Birthday Fun: Day 1

So today is the first day of my Birthday month. (editor's note: he took a selfie.)






Planning to do something fun every day, so today I took a bike ride to Del Mar from O-Side. Quick stop for a photo shoot in Leucadia.




 Rode thru the beach State Parks to both laugh and be amazed at camp sites. Surf check at Swami's. Beer at Jakes. Meet- up with wife and her long time writing friend. Tap water offered at their beach condo - what's up with that? Beers and early dinner at La Especial Norte. Sunset bike ride to O-Side Harbor. A good Monday as far as Monday's go.

Now to rant. ( The views, opinions and positions expressed by the author and those providing comments on this blogs are theirs alone, and do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions or positions of RV People or Grapes of Ralph.)

 I really enjoy Monday bike rides because there are significantly less spandex and Lycra outfits that are offensively distracting. The question of the first day of my birthday month; why do you have to dress up for a bike ride?




 These athlete wannabe's are ridiculous. A great bike ride down the coast is relaxing, taking in the sites, the surf, the cafes and the people. (I mean the ladies.)  But these pedal- frenzied non- athletes are hell- bent to get somewhere, but they are missing the rainbow. Do they really think they have a shot at Le Tour

When one of these guys or gals shouts out, " On your left," while I am moseying, enjoying, or actually riding out of the saddle, it infuriates me.

 I am not confrontational by nature. I have been in maybe four fights in my entire life. ( Not counting the grunion throat clenching between myself and best friend, ) but I will get off my bike and throw with these assholes... if I could catch them!

 By the way, bike riding should be fun. It is NOT a sport unless you are sponsored. It is recreational. So take that bell, and "on your left", and shove IT where the sun don't shine! 


No comments:

Post a Comment