Friday, August 19, 2016

Day 18- The Zonies are here!

Our friends from Prescott, Az. have arrived at Campland. 

We invited ourselves as my wife has known Maggie since childhood. We did visit them 2 years ago at their house and had a wonderful time. ( Depending on whom you talk to... ) Her husband Bob and I bonded in the very best way. I will not divulge who had to crawl to bed.
However, I discovered that a headlight was out 2 days ago and, dammit all, had put off the repair. Thinking we might be driving darkly I had to fix it. All went well- even though the last time I did this, NASA called and requested I recalculate the angle of the bulb as it was hampering re-entry.


We once again enjoyed the hospitality of a campsite. Have you ever been to Campland on Mission Bay? It was a first for me even though I have lived most of my life in San Diego. This campground is a monster, a total money making machine, and actually well run. Our friends had a bay front campsite and the camaraderie with many of my wife's childhood playmates stood the test of time.


 Chalk one up for making old friends new friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment