Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Day Two: A Kayak and two IPA's (Guest Blogger RTR)

So the quest continues into day 2 of B-Day 

month.

I decided to wake up early so I could drop the wife at work 

and use the car for transporting the kayak to the harbor.  It's 

just a Cobra Explorer but it is sea worthy and self-baling.






I used six bungee cords where two probably would have 

sufficed. ( It's only a 1/2 mile drive to the harbor. ) Anyway, a 

beautiful morning on the water. A leisurely paddle 

around and out to sea and pier. Saw the boats from the other 

side as I ride my bike most days around the harbor. 





Next time the kayak hits the water it will be in a new 

environment.


After a clean-up, the Mission Ave Bar & Grill was calling out 

and a tasty Left Coast IPA went down without a whimper.



I'm always amazed at how many people are drinking beers 

at 1 PM on a Tuesday. Is every one having a B-Day month?



As the crowd seemed to be all up in their phones, I moved 

on. The wife's rescue from work was still an hour away so I 

rolled to the Pour House where I was forced to enjoy another 

IPA. ( Stone ) Met a young man who attended the same high 

school as my children. Ah, bar talk can be so pleasant. 

Keep it flowing, O-Side. 

No comments:

Post a Comment