Friday, August 5, 2016

Day 4- Unexpected Blessings- by Guest Blogger RTR

First off I would like to relate a truism about the 99 Cent store. Every time I visit, as I did this morning, without even trying, I get the best dressed award. This is not something I am proud of... just something I have noticed. But I am very proud of the savings.
On the way my wife called telling me our daughter needed a ride to the airport as her boyfriend was stressfully bogged down with business. What wonderful news for me. I would have the pleasure of seeing her off to Canada. Fantastic! And all went well.


As is custom, any time near the airport one must visit The Bali Hai Restaurant for one of their signature Mai Tais. Any one who knows my wife and I understand how we revere this tradition. And , of course, it did not disappoint. Wonderful conversation with new friends and of course, Olivia.


We invited our cousin to meet us for dinner at The Hills in La Mesa as we were, in town, so to speak. When she said yes, the day took another upturn. Great dinner with one of the nicest people I know.
Unexpected Blessings Indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment