Sunday, August 14, 2016

Lucky 13- Off to the Races

The wife was customarily up early grabbing party favors for the day. We were headed to Del Mar for Tacotopia, the races, and a concert. Long day in store - this is a marathon, not a sprint. 

Not for the weak of heart or liver.
Arriving fashionably late for tacos did not stop a reasonable smack down. No #s will be divulged, but my daughter almost doubled my intake at her last Tacotopia. My favorite; the Adobada from AH-JIJO!

Birthday monthers- RR and Val

The races were a success as no horses suffered life threatening injuries. A great concern -  I do love to see them run - but still....
As for the concert, we were obviously a tad older than most. I honestly have no idea who the first band was. I believe they were a reggae rap band. ( this was told to me ) And I followed the cool moves of the guy smoking herb just off to the right. The headliner was 311. ( That's 3 eleven for you non- rockers ) I amazed myself by recognizing a few of their songs. 


Had a chat with someone probably in his 50's, as he quizzed what rockers I had seen in the day. He then stated that I was probably the only guy ever to see both Jimi Hendrix and 311 live. 

I don't know, but I might be a 1% er- in one respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment